Saturday, December 15, 2007

CHRISTMAS...A Busy Time

Christmas is a busy time for us as I’m sure it is for everyone. I haven’t had much time to post, but here are a few pictures of what we’ve been doing.

This year we decided that it would be fun to pull out all of the “old” ornaments to decorate the tree. When our older children quit making hand-made ornaments to go on the tree, I decided that it was time to have a “pretty tree” with everything matching, etc. So that’s what we’ve had for the past few years. Yes, the tree was pretty, but it had very little “character.” This was much more fun…tacky, but fun.

The girls also enjoyed making Christmas cookies with our friend, Sandra.

These weren’t just ordinary cookies…They were huge, full of sugar, complete with a stick and personalized for each one. I’m beginning to think that Sandra may be in cahoots with our dentist.



















DD’s list is getting longer and longer as she gets the hang of this “Santa” business. It won’t take Doodlebug long to catch on. She loves to write…on just about ANY surface!
It’s nice to be able to say that DD understands that Christmas is about giving, too. She visited the AWANA store Wed. night at church and bought special gifts for her family. Doodlebug loved the little bunny DD picked for her and DD loved the little “clapper” that she picked for me! LOL




















We’ve also been doing a lot of shopping! Well, at least I’ve been trying to shop. By the time I get the girls dressed, fed, loaded, buckled in and settled down…then unbuckled, unloaded, and into the stores, there’s not a lot of time left for shopping. LOL

No matter how much I try to stress to the girls that Christmas is just around the corner and that I MUST get this shopping done…they just don’t seem to take me seriously. I think they are giving way too much credit to Santa Claus and his elves! Thank Goodness for gift cards and on-line shopping!!!!!!!

4 comments:

PandaMom said...

Can't wait to see y'all tomorrow!

Kate-Lyn said...

I can SO relate! In the carseat, out of the carseat, in again, WHEW! By the time you get home YOU need a nap more then the kids! But it is still fun. I love DB's dress with the battenburg lace collar. So precious! DD is getting so big! Merry Christmas to you all. We miss you so!

Beth said...

Those girls have so much fun. Got your card on Saturday, it is just perfect. Dave was supposed to mail them out today so I hope you get it this week!

Looking forward to 2008 when we can get together again--once my sister gets both her casts off and she can be independent again.

Big hugs from us!

Anonymous said...

What memories these girls are making!! They are so fortunate to have Miss Billie and Sandra close by to help them do such fun things. Wish we were all close enough to see them more often. We are looking forward to Christmas. Love, Aunt Muh