Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Everything's Relative

I took this first picture of Desheng Darling a few days ago; the second one, a year ago. I just can’t believe how fast she is growing up! I guess everything’s relative though, because when we went to our first t-ball practice today, I noticed that DD is still pretty small compared to the other girls on her team. None of these girls is older than 5 years old.

Her first practice was quite entertaining! By the time we walked from the car to the field, DD had already introduced herself (and DB) to another little girl. She also promptly introduced herself to the coach. I don’t think he will have any trouble remembering her. It was obvious that she had never played t-ball. The coach let her bat first. She hit the ball and made it to 1st base “still carrying the bat!” She was so excited when she got to first base, she just squealed. I think she must have thought that she had won the game! She had a blast!
I think she's going to have to learn that she's not the coach’s private assistant. She wanted to help do everything! It didn’t seem to matter what the rest of the team was doing…she was in her own little world.Tomorrow we are going to buy a practice t-ball stand and set out on our conquest to locate a very small t-ball glove for a lefty! She should be a pro by next week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute!! I well remember those days of girls softball. I am happy to see her in team sports. It will be a real learning experience for her. It was quite a shock for our little one to discover that it was not ALL about HIM! Now, he is a good team player. Hang in there DD! Love Aunt Muh

PandaMom said...

She DOES look so grown up! I would totally love to see her in action at a t-ball game! ; )

Mommy Spice said...

They grow so fast. T-ball sounds like fun. I wish we could have joined in. My goodness, she does look small compared to the other girls on the team. I see S.G. up against the other kids in pre-k at our school, and she blends right in. S.G. and D.D. are about the same height. I think there must be some unusually tall girls on that team.