Saturday, October 27, 2007

GOTCHA DAY #4...3 Years!

The most amazing thing happened this week and the timing was perfect! On October 25th, 2004 a man placed Desheng Darling in my arms. He had tears in his eyes as he handed her to me and he told me that DD’s best friend had been adopted by a family in Spain on the same day. As I looked through our pictures from the SWI I found several pictures of DD and her friend. Of course, I never thought we would ever be able to locate this precious little girl.
I had a friend post this picture on a Yahoo group and amazingly, this little girl’s mother responded! I couldn’t believe it!!!! It seems that both of our daughters were very special to this man and his wife who work at the SWI.

She sent me several pictures of DD that were taken previously to any I have. She even sent me some current pictures of her daughter. She’s a little older than DD. This is how they look now…Still cute as can be!

Although Gotcha Day was last Thursday, we celebrated today so that Daddy Darling could enjoy the day with us. We baked a chocolate cake, DD’s FAVORITE. Then, we went to eat Chinese food and on to Dixie’s to buy DD a Big Sis charm and a kitty charm for her Gotcha Day bracelet.
I can’t believe that we have had DD for 3 years. Time flies when you’re having fun. It just doesn’t seem possible. Adopting her was one of the biggest steps of faith that we have ever taken and we are so thankful that God has blessed us with her. We love our little Desheng Darling so much and look forward to many, many more Gotcha Day celebrations. There are pictures from our previous Gotcha Days, as well as today’s pictures in this slide show. She just gets more precious every day. Oops! The slide show is in the post above this one! ...oh pooh.

4 comments:

Sophie's Mom said...

Such beautiful girls, both of them! Happy gotcha day! How wonderful you were able to get in touch with the other child. Sounds like a 'God thing' to me!

Mommy Spice said...

Happy Gotcha Day D.D.!! I have been out of it for a few days. That chocolate cake looks delicious!! I hope you guys had a great day. That's awesome about getting the pics of D.D.'s friend. Does she remember her?

Beth said...

The time has certainly flown by. Happy Gotcha Day to you sweet DD!

RamblingMother said...

Happy anniversary! both of your darlings are beautiful.

Beverly