Monday, July 23, 2007

Were There Doodlebugs on the Ark? Well, of course there were, but they weren't this cute!

Today, our play group friends gave us a shower for our little Doodlebug using the Noah’s Ark theme. It was WONDERFUL! Everything was so nice….the cake, the presents, and the fellowship! Thank you so much Ski Patrol for having this at your house! We even got a chance to visit with the Panda family. It was so good to seem them again.
I still can’t believe that it is finally happening. Hopefully, in less than a month, we’ll be adding another little girl to our family. We will definitely have to squeeze in a little more to get them all in the picture. Lol
This beautiful cake was made by Team Mom who constantly says that she has “no artistic talent.” Give me a break! I wish I had some of her lack of talent! The cake was beautiful and tasted really yummy!
Of course I couldn’t miss the chance to feature these special shoes. Too cute!

The girls had so much fun today.
They played for a little while indoors, then kicked their shoes off and headed for the jungle gym!

I can put her in a dress with bows, frilly shoes and butterfly wings, but she tends to forget about all of the girly stuff when she sees a good rock climbing wall!

Thank you Ski Patrol, Team Mom, Mommy Spice, and Panda Mom for all of the wonderful gifts and special things you’ve done! Thanks, too, to Mamama and Boppa Spice. It was so nice of you to think about us.

Now, if we could just get on that plane….

8 comments:

Team Mom said...

I am glad you liked the party. You are too kind about my talent. When you start packing, just give me a call. My real talent is putting a lot of stuff into a little space! P.S. Love the pic of all the stuff.

Ski Patrol said...

I'm so glad you had a good time!! We all enjoyed the party. It is so much fun getting together and hearing all that wonderful girlie giggles and high pitched laughter!! I can't wait to have doodle bug home and in our next group shot!!!

Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful thing your friends did.It seems that everyone is excited about Doodlebug. How did DD accept the fact that these gifts were not for her? I am sure she is going to be a great help with Doodlebug. I can imagine it will be comforting for Doodlebug to have DD along on the trip home. We are counting the days, too!!!! Love you, Aunt Muh

PandaMom said...

My heart is soooooo FULL from being with all of you again! I was drinking it all in as much as I could. I love the pic of all the goodies spread out! Awesome! ; )

Mommy Spice said...

We had such a great time together...Just like old times. I agree with pandamom, the shrilly girly voices running thru the house was great!! I love seeing the gifts spread out!! Awesome!! Now, just get our baby home!!

Olivia said...

that is just so sweet!
such a blessing to have wonderful friends!!

I cannot wait until you get your little Doodlebug home!!!

Beckyb said...

What great friends - the shower looked like SO much fun! AND I love the shoes - TOO CUTE!!!! Now for a speedy travel!!

Anonymous said...

Wish we were getting a daughter from China, but we're too old. So more power to you!! Blessing go with you.

Boppa and Mamama Spice