Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Million Dollar Smile!

One of the things I love most about Desheng Darling is her BEAUTIFUL smile! It just has a way of brightening every room she enters. She’s won the hearts of many by flashing it at just the right time. She’s even used it occasionally to keep her out of trouble. Unfortunately, keeping that smile hasn’t been easy or inexpensive! She’s had more than her share of dental work and with each dental visit her fear has intensified. She even cried when they took x-rays at her last cleaning visit. She had to have some major work done last week, so we had no choice but to agree to IV sedation. She couldn’t have handled it any other way.
(Still out of it on the way home)
It’s really hard to describe the look in her eyes as the sedation took effect. It was really kind of creepy. I sure hope she doesn’t have to experience it again anytime soon. She, of course, doesn’t remember any of it. Thank Goodness!

3 comments:

Debbie and Sam said...

We are in the same dental boat. IV sedation is the way we go to.

You have two beautiful girls!

We are meeting Devin, Linda and Christina this weekend. Elizabeth asked if DB was coming. DB has made quite the impression on her

liasmomma said...

Well her smile is certainly beautiful!!! But I can understand her fear of the dentist. Sedation dentistry sounds like a good thing to me :)

Trish

Mommy Spice said...

We had to do the sedation when S.G. had her two front teeth crowned. S.G. got that same look before she passed out. It freaked me out, but made me laugh. I didn't even mean to laugh, it just took me off guard. She was so out of it on the drive home. Poor D.D. I hope this is the end of the dental work for a while.