Thursday, August 16, 2007

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT!

Desheng Darling is so excited about traveling to China. Today, she “practiced” her airport etiquette by pulling her roller bag and wearing her backpack all around the house. She should be an expert by Saturday! LOL
DD also practiced taking care of her little sister, but I don’t think hanging Doodlebug from her backpack strap is going to be a very successful mode of transportation. We’re definitely going to have to work on this one.
Daddy Darling informed me of a typographical error in my previous post. Sorry, it should have been “an email” rather “and email.” Or maybe just plain "email." Duh!

Lastly, I have a prayer request. Please pray that the rain will hold off and that our domestic flight on Saturday will not be delayed or cancelled due to the strong storms expected in our area. If we don’t leave at the scheduled time, it will be almost impossible to make our connecting flight to Hong Kong. Thanks in advance for your prayers.

5 comments:

Kelley said...

So cute! I suspect if you let her, Desheng Darling would be standing by the front door waiting until your departure on Saturday. We will be saying many prayers for the Darling family in the coming weeks!

Adele said...

DD looks so precious. I can tell she is so excited about getting her sister.
I will keep you in my prayers. I know exactly how you are feeling. Our agency had to fly us out 4 days earlier than expected when we were adopting Mallory. A hurricane was headed our way and we were to fly out of New Orleans on a Saturday to Chicago to meet up with our travel group to fly to China. Our agency was scared the hurricane was going to hit New Orleans and mess up our flight. We had to fly out on a Tuesday and sit in Chicago until that following Saturday. They wanted to go ahead and get us out just incase something happened. Just know that God is in control and He will take care of your every need. I am excited about following your journey to Doodlebug. I will pray for you all every day while you are gone. :)

Beth said...

Praying with you, praying for you and expecting His Loving reply!

Mommy Spice said...

We will say extra prayers this evening!! Your schedule is on our fridge and we will be praying each day. I soooo hope you can blog while you're there. Keep us updated as much as you can. I can't believe the next time we see you, your going to have Hope. Sniff, Sniff....happy tears.

Olivia said...

that is precious how she is so excited! i want to say may God be with you and your family on your journey to miss doodlebug and I can't wait to see pictures of her in your arms!